Sunday, December 29, 2013

Who the heck are we?

About Caitlin Jennings:
I have been writing since the second grade when I drafted a riveting piece about witches who turned out to be friendly. I am represented by Andrea Somberg at Harvey Klinger, Inc. My writing has appeared (or is forthcoming) in multiple publications including The Alarmist, The Binnacle, Crunchable, Jersey Devil Press, and Northern Virginia Magazine. I earned a master's degree in writing from Johns Hopkins University in 2011 and have also studied writing at the College of William and Mary andYale University. I currently work as an editorial manager and continue to keep an eye out for good stories.


About Lisa Terry:
I am a print journalist turned newspaper editor. I'm also a fiction writer. My genres are Paranormal, Romance, Contemporary, Thriller and Horror - Young Adult and New Adult. I just finished my sixth book, Tricolor. My other five are: Spin the Love, Moment(s), Tidal, South of Light's End, and White Star. I'm working on two books, The Trouble With You Is the Trouble With Me as well as Be Still. I have a BS degree in English. I consider myself a Floridian still even though I currently live in Alabama. We keep our camper in Florida so that we can get back there as much as possible. There's something suffocating about being away from the salt water for very long. That leads me to my favorite things to do: walk on the beach, sit on the beach, write at the beach, read at...okay, everything is better at the beach. Maybe that's why my books (with the exception of one) take place next to salt water. I tried one without it but ended up having them next to the Potomac River instead.


About Karlie Hart:

I'm a Mississippi rancher/horse trainer who's gradually making the switch to full-time writing, starting with finally getting my A.S in English and Creative Writing this fall. I've loved to write since I could pick up a pencil, and as a child I would make up stories and act them out in elaborate ways. Now I'm (hopefully) more mature and more experienced, and while I no longer act my stories out, my love for writing hasn't diminished one bit. I've got five manuscripts under my belt - Forsaken, Forgotten, Found, Even Shane, and Ever After - with six and seven (Clarity and Kismet) in the works. My genres are Fantasy, Romance (both Contemporary and Historical), and occasionally Suspense. Hmm...what else? I love Disney movies, country music, and good books of almost any genre. Pleased to meet you!

About Dan Koboldt:
By day, I'm a genetics researcher at one of three NIH-funded large scale genome sequencing centers in the U.S. We use high-throughput technologies to uncover the genetic basis of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other diseases. I'm also an avid bowhunter and sci-fi/fantasy writer represented by Jennie Goloboy of Red Sofa Literary Agency (she represents the writing, not the hunting). I grew up in Missouri, home to some of the best deer and turkey hunting in North America. I still live here, in a house about a mile from where my dad grew up. The deer take their revenge by eating every plant in my backyard.

What kind of trouble are we stirring up?
Every Tuesday, we'll have a song that goes with a scene, a character or represent a whole story. We'll explain ourselves a little bit and give you the song's link. If we can figure it out, we'll even put the video box on the blog.

Every Thursday, we're going to have a Here Comes Trouble post where we pose questions about trouble we're stirring up for our characters or trouble we've gotten into with writing. Are you having trouble? Ask us for advice in our comment on any post; we'll help the best way we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment