Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Ordinary World by Duran Duran

It's Lisa here for Turn It Up Tuesday.

I'm going to take you back a couple or three decades and give you a song that represents both of my main characters in my current WIP, 17 Promises.

Ordinary World by Duran Duran

Johnny just wants to survive. He's a realist.

But I won't cry for yesterday
There's an ordinary world

Charlie, Johnny's sister, won't settle for simply making it. She wants more and she is desparate to get it. Both have their own way of getting through the day, but that's what they're doing, trudging through their dreary life the best they can. But news comes of something that could fracture their tenuous hold on happiness.

Somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way
To the ordinary world
I will learn to survive


No comments:

Post a Comment