Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Little Do You Know - Turn It Up Tuesday

Alex and Sierra are amazing singers and songwriters, and they've encapsulated my characters' dilemma perfectly with their song Little Do You Know.

He loves her too much to stand by and watch her use her body in such a demeaning way. Doesn't matter that even he agrees that if there ever was a corner to be backed into, she was in it snuggly. There's no other way out. Yet still, he can't stay. 

But leaving doesn't diminish his pain, only heightens it because he knows how deserted she feels. He realizes he can't live without her either, no matter what she has done, has put herself through. He begs for forgiveness.

All my mistakes are slowly drowning me
Little do you know
I'm trying to make it better piece by piece

And she wants to forgive.

Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside
I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind
I'm ready to forgive you but forgetting is a harder fight



No comments:

Post a Comment